Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Do you want to light a snowman....

 Yes Christmas is upon us and I am already getting myself in the mood with a little home decor DIY making!
Have you spied the new Heidi Swapp Christmas Marquee Kits yet? In The US I know they are already hitting the stores in your local Michaels and for my Aussie friends check your local Spotlight store, I've spied them on the shelves too! The Marquee Love kits really are the easiest way to decorate your home this Christmas and you can tailor the colours to suit your home decor! Even Better right!
So lets see how I decorated my snowman, I think it took my all of an hour to decorate him up, I love when a plan comes together!

@kimjeffress @heidiswapp #heidiswapp #hsmarqueelove #christmas #diy

I began by trimming out some of the white glitter paper from the Marquee Love 8x8 glitter pad. I used the snowman template that comes in the kit to help my trace the shape. Next I used some Bazzill Basics black cardstock to trace his hat.
 I then used some of the Black glitter and White glitter 2 inch washi tape to go around the outside edge of my snowman. I went hunting around in my backyard for two small twigs which i used for arms. I simply poked a hole through the side with my scissors and poked the twigs through.

@kimjeffress @heidiswapp #heidiswapp #hsmarqueelove #christmas #diy

To complete my snowman I  hot glued 3 black buttons from my stash to his belly and finally tied some of my favourite ribbon around his neck and added a few jingle bells to finish off!

@kimjeffress @heidiswapp #heidiswapp #hsmarqueelove #christmas #diy

I love how he takes pride of place up there on his mantle, ready to light up each night leading up to Christmas!

Photobucket

2 comments:

Diana Waite said...

oh my CUTENESS!!!! Thanks for the idea!!

Lizzyc said...

Oh he is very cute! Won't take long to get to Christmas!