Friday, December 31, 2010

thankful...

I have decided to choose a word this year to try to keep me on the straight and narrow, as I was thinking of different words that I could use I kept coming back to THANKFUL...I have so so much to be thankful for in 2011...I hope to do a layout soon to represent my thoughts on this.
Being a new year and new month there is a new challenge up at Show us your Stuff. There is a sketch we had to follow created bythe fabulous Michelle and of course use a hand made item, We were lucky enough to receive some lovely handmade flowers from Pretty Petals who are a sponsor this month.
I decided to create a card instead of a layout, something that I am starting to enjoy doing. I hope you can join in the fun with me.
If you are after a bargain head on over to Handmade by Suzanne who has 30% of most items in stock, papers, embellishments, embossing powders, glitter, stickers , thickers...the list goes on, the only things not on sale are punches and papers that were new in December...what a bargain, I'm off to check it out my self!
I hope everyone had a wonderful New Year and I look forward to sharing and gaining some inspiration from everyone out there in the coming year!
Till next time...

14 comments:

Chloe said...

Just LOVE this card Kim, so sweet, so pretty, so perfect :-). Would you believe, I have just done this sketch ;-) loved it :-)
Love your word too ...
Hope you are having a great New Years Day :-)

Pearl said...

OMG ! love lovely your card , hun !!!

Fab OLW choice too ! i dont think I have found something yet - but I resonate with the House of 3 & what they do & I am loving the idea of RE.....REmarkmable, REjoice etc

Wishing you another fabby scrappy year ahead in 2011 !

Jennifer Shaw said...

Oh, this card is so sweet!! I too am starting to enjoy card making!! For me it seems harder to do than a 12x12 LO!!??!! I love the use of the doily and the patterned paper in the back! Great word for 2011!! Wishing you all the best!!

Shell said...

Absolutely stunning Kim. Love what you did with the sketch. Looks so good a might have to try a card myself xx

Lizzyc said...

thanks Kim.. i wish you a wonderful year in 2011 and i think we all can take up the word thankful as our word of the year..
i love that you are doing cards.. i reckon you are a natural at them..i love this one.. hope things are great at your place!!xx

Natalie Elphinstone said...

I really loved this card. I love how you've incorporated tags into this too. So your style! I think it's great :-)

Anonymous said...

Love your OLW choice! Happy New Year to you my friend! Thankful for another year! Love your card, looks like you make them all the time!

Lydia said...

Great word Kim, and I am thankful that I have had the opurtunity to get know the scrappy star from down under. You Rock girl!!! I love the orange. such a great pop of color!!

Jasmine S said...

This looks gorgeous Kim. Love the orange and good on you for trying a card. This is too pretty to give away though...
Thankful covers everything we do doesn't it? Excellent word choice.

Rebecca Keppel said...

Sounds like a great word choice. And the card take on the sketch is just gorgeous. Love the tags.

Shimano (aka Christine) said...

That card is stunning.
Happy New Year., xx

trisha too said...

Happy New Year, Kim! Great card!

:)

Liz Weber said...

Gorgeous card Kim, I love the flower, the ribbon and the design. WTG. Thanks for the kind words, it was lovely working with you at HBS. Have a wonderful 2011.

Taryn said...

Yep, sure is heaps to be thankful for this year,hey. Especially you know who off to kindy. tee hee. You rock at cards btw.